iManage is a document and email management software for legal, financial, and accounting professionals. It provides advanced features and an intuitive interface to securely organize, store, and collaborate on documents.
This article will show you how to start comparisons by selecting documents from iManage, and also how to save these comparison exports as outputs to iManage.
Selecting a document from iManage to start a comparison
- In the New Comparison window, click From iManage
- An iManage window will open, which will allow you to navigate to your documents hosted within iManage.
- Navigate to your desired matter location and click on the document you wish to load. If you would like to load a specific version of a document, first click on the "i" located at the top right where it is highlighted in the image below. Otherwise, if you just want to load the document as is, simply ensure it is highlighted and click on select and skip to step 4.
This opens all the details for the document which includes specific versions. Now click on the versions tab, then select the specific document version you wish to load into Draftable Legal
- Once selected, this document will appear in the New Comparison window. You can repeat this process for the newer document
- Once both documents are selected, you can start your comparison by selecting compare
Saving comparisons outputs to iManage
- When running a new comparison, ensure the Redline option has been selected
- Once the comparison is ready, you will see the comparison window appear
- You can select the save option on the right-hand side in the comparison window. From here you have two options
Save to iManage (as a new file): When saving to iManage, this will create a new document in an existing matter.
Save to iManage (as a new version): When saving to iManage, this will create a new version of an existing document within iManage.
Additionally, you have the choice of 3 different file types outputs as well:
Redline PDF: A Redline PDF is a document comparison output that highlights the differences between two documents using coloured markup, making it easy to identify added, removed, or modified content at a glance.
Changed Pages PDF: A Changed Pages Redline PDF is a document comparison output that only includes pages with differences between the two documents, highlighting the modifications using colored markup for a focused review of altered content.
Word with Track Changes: A Word document with Tracked Changes is a version of your document that displays all insertions, deletions, and formatting adjustments made, using Microsoft Word's built-in feature that allows you to review, accept, or reject the modifications individually.
- If you selected Save to iManage (as a new file) An iManage window will appear for you to select the save location. Use the location of your choice and save the export
Once you have chosen the location, ensure you have specified the type and class of the output. Once ready, click save and your output will be saved to iManage
- However, if you selected Save to iManage (as a new version) An iManage window will appear for you to select an existing document to save as the new version, and select the document you wish to create a new version of and click select
Then the following window will appear.
Enter the relevant details and select Save.