Draftable API Self-hosted, offers log retrieval for diagnostic purposes which can be downloaded as an archive from the administration interface. This feature is intended to be used to expedite support issues reported on your Self-hosted instance.
What's in the logs
The logs contain information about various components of your instance, which include:
- Fault and debug information from internal application routines
- APISH version and history
- Docker processing statistics
Downloading your logs
- Log into the Administration Dashboard with your admin account. (If uncertain see how to access your administration dashboard)
- Under API Support, click Download Logs to download the logs as a tar.gz archive.
Note: If you are accessing this via remote desktop, the logs will be downloaded locally to the host server. Hence you will likely need to transfer this archive to a location that would then allow you to submit these logs to our support team for diagnostic review.
Submitting your logs
Make sure to send through your logs to your support contact directly. By submitting your logs to us, you give us permission to review them in order to assist with diagnosing any issues.
The logs will be saved as a tar.gz file extension which will be downloaded locally to the host server.
If you are experiencing issues with your Self-osted appliance and need technical support, please get in touch at email@example.com and include information regarding your issue as well as the logs outlined in this article.
How to access your administration dashboard
- Log into your self-hosted instance as a user with administrative permissions, then navigate to your home page.
- Click on the 3 dots next to Welcome Admin, then select the Admin.
- This takes you to the administrator dashboard, which houses critical information such as instance health, license information, access to to the usage and user control panels as well as log retrieval.