When you have first launched an instance, there is a first time configuration that is required to setup the administrator account for that instance. This article will detail a clear procedure for configuring your instance for the first time.
Before you start
Ensure the following before you begin the configuration steps:
- You have a launched your instance, either by via docker-compose or docker run
- The IP address of the instance to put into your browser
- Connect to your instance webpage, then navigate to the instance webpage by using your browser. Otherwise, you will need to navigate to the port-forwarded location.
- You will see a warning (this is expected), as we have not installed any signed certifcates on the instance and hence we are using an unsigned certificate. Simply click advanced and click on Accept the Risk and Continue.
- Go through and complete the first time setup for the administrator account.
- Once you have entered the admin user password, log back in with the same credentials.
- Your instance has been (and administrator) account has been successfully setup and completed the first time configuration.