Draftable Legal allows you to integrate your iManage On-Premise solution with Draftable Legal itself. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to set up this integration by first configuring iManage, and then completing the integration in Draftable Legal or group policy.
Please note: This is a technical integration guide written for administrator-level users. This is not a guide for using iManage with Draftable Legal, if you are looking for information on how to use iManage with Draftable Legal, please visit this article instead.
Add a New App for Draftable Pro in Your iManage Control Center
- Open your on-premise Control Center application for iManage.
- Navigate to the left menu scrollbar, and scroll down to the Settings section. Then click on the Applications option.
- Select + Add New Application and then click Configure Manually.
- The first stage of the "Add Application" window will appear.
First type Draftable Legal for the Name field. Then create an API Key by entering a unique code (this can be a GUID or alpha-numeric string, but it must be unique for this server).
Finally, click Auto-Generate to generate an API Secret. Once these three fields have been populated, click the next step, Authentication.
- The following window will appear.
Now configure this with the following settings:
- Set Application Type as Native
- Ensure Client Type is set to Public
- Set Redirect URL as "http://localhost/"
- Ensure the Client Secret is the same value as the auto generated API Secret from the last step
- Client Secret Expires can be set to Never, unless you wish for it to expire.
- Set Allow Refresh Token to Yes
- Review the summary, and ensure it matches the information entered. Click Access.
- You will be presented with the following window.
Ensure you select All Users in the Allow access to option. Once done, click Review.
- The final window will show all the settings you have just configured. Review this to ensure all information is correct.
Once reviewed, proceed by selecting Finish.
- Return to the application section and search for the Application name (Draftable Legal) of the application we just configured.
- Select the application name Draftable Legal to open its details menu. See the example below:
Copy the Client ID, as it will be needed in the Draftable Pro configuration. The Client ID should have a GUID-like structure as shown in the image above.
This concludes the setup procedure within iManage, now we must open Draftable Pro to complete this integration.
Configure Draftable Legal with iManage On-Premise
There are two ways to set up the Draftable Legal application with iManage on-premises:
Option 1: From App Settings
- Open the Draftable Legal application settings.
- Go to the "Integrations" section.
- Select the On-Premises option and copy the Client ID from step 11 in the iManage configuration step, and paste it into the Draftable App ID field. Then ensure you enter the service URL that has been configured for your iManage On-premise solution.
- Select Save & Log In to complete the integration.
Option 2: Manual Configuration via group policy
The two configurable fields for iManage on-premise integration with Draftable are the Service URL and Draftable App ID (or Client ID).
You can configure this via group policy and following the steps shown in this article. The below image shows what these group policy settings are.