This step-by-step guide will help you set up Draftable Legal and running your first comparison in minute.
What is Draftable Desktop Legal?
Draftable Legal is a document comparison (Redline) solution that makes it easy to see what's changed between two documents. Draftable Legal is built specifically for lawyers with additional features to assist legal users in comparing documents.
Simply select two versions of a document and Draftable will show you every single change in an easy-to-understand viewer.
Setting up Draftable Legal
- Download Draftable Legal here: https://draftable.com/desktop/download/
- Run the installer & follow the prompts
- Activate the product by entering your product key
- If you already have a license, your product key should have been sent to your email.
- If you want to start a trial, request a demo here: https://www.draftable.com/draftable-legal
- That's it! Draftable Legal is now set up & ready to use.
Running your first comparison
- Start Draftable Legal
- The New Comparison launcher will appear
- Select two documents you want to compare.
The older/original/source document goes on the left.
The newer/revised/modified document goes on the right.
- Select the comparison type as Redline
- Hit Compare
- Draftable will now be comparing the documents. This can take from a few seconds up to a few minutes, depending on the contents.
- Once the comparison is complete, the comparison results will load in our redline comparison viewer window
Reviewing comparison results
The redline comparison viewer makes it easy to review changes side-by-side.
In the right side pane, you will see actions you can take with this comparison result:
- Save to PDF or docx
- Save to your DMS, e.g. iManage
- Open the results in your preferred Word processor or PDF reader
- Print a hard copy of the comparison results
- Email the comparison results and/or the input documents using Outlook
Redline Tracked Changes
The redline Tracked Changes comparison type will generate a Word document (.docx) with the changes marked up as Track Changes. Once ready, you will be prompted to either save or open the output. This will open in Word and let you use Word's inbuilt Tracked Changes functionality to navigate through changes & accept/reject changes.
For further advanced steps see the below articles: